Saturday, May 18, 2019

ColourPop The Headliner Palette Review ♡

 Hello makeup loves! Im excited to share a little review of this cute desert festival inspired palette from ColourPop Cosmetics named The Headliner Palette! This palette is actually a bundle that comes with a magnetic palette, eight pressed glitters, and four pressed pigments. This palette retails for $40 and is vegan and cruelty free.


Here is the look and packaging of the magnetic palette! I love the desert, cactus theme of this palette.
Each pigment fits perfectly in this palette but sadly it doesn't come with a mirror. 




Hungry Ghost - An opal pressed glitter with a copper and gold duochrome shift.
Renegade - A soft rose gold pressed glitter with a copper sheen.
Indio - A soft pink pressed glitter with holographic glitter.
Lightshow - An iridescent teal pressed glitter.
Palooza - A bright yellow pressed glitter with a copper duochrome shift.
Boombayah - A bright orange pressed glitter.
Free Bird - A vivid fuchsia pressed glitter.
Fyre - A holographic lime pressed glitter.
Sandbar - A neon pink matte pressed pigment.
OOO - A hot red/orange matte pressed pigment.
Seeing Stars - A violet blue matte pressed pigment.
Keep Scrolling - A matte chartreuse pressed pigment.


Here is a swatch of the pressed glitters and pigments without the help of any primer or base. I expected for the pressed glitters not swatch opaquely since they're well, glitters. The pressed pigments swatched opaque and felt smooth. The pressed pigments blended out easily on my eyes with the exception of Seeing Stars which for some reason was skipping on when I was applying the shade on the outer corner of my right eye but eventually I was able to make it work by patting it on. When applying the pressed glitter Palooza in the base of my eye I gently pat it on with my finger but I noticed a lot of fall out so I ended up using a bit of glitter glue to keep it from falling out all over my face which kind of helped. 

Overall I actually really like this palette! 
I think its fun for bright, vivid summer looks. I think makeup beginners should keep in mind that this palette could be a bit difficult to work with but definitely a fun and bright challenge to tackle! I think the only complaint I have is the glitter fallout when applying on my eyes, but besides the glitter fallout I would definitely recommend this fun palette! 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review and found this review helpful!
Don't be afraid to reach out to me to  ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 

image

2 comments: