Monday, June 3, 2019

Tarte Cosmetics Let It Rain-Bow Eye Set Review ♡

Hello makeup lovers! I'm super excited to share a review of the @jessiepaege x Tarte Cosmetics collaboration that celebrates Pride month! This collaboration comes with one eye shadow palette and one deluxe sized Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. This collaboration set retails for $24 and is vegan and cruelty free. Tarte Cosmetics will also be donating of their sales to the Trevor Project!


This palette opens from the side like a book, has sleek, gold packaging and comes with a mirror.
This palette comes with six matte shades and two shimmery shades.


❤ This is it - Bright matte red/pink shade.
❤ All in - Bright matte orange shade.
❤ Go for it - Bright matte yellow shade.
❤ You can - A bright matte aqua blue shade
❤ Happening - A shimmery blue shade.
❤ Hustle - A matte ocean blue shade.
❤ Ambitious - A matte orchid shade.
❤ Risktaker - A shimmery violet shade.

Here is the swatches! I noticed that most of the matte shades swatched light and patchy and weren't as vibrant as I thought they would be. Tarte does state that to get better color payoff to use a wet brush  with these eyeshadows. I tried making a rainbow look without the help wetting my brushes with most of the matte shades and shades like You can, Hustle, This is it and Ambitious didn't have much payoff but blended okay. The shimmer shades were pigmented and opaque when swatched and I had no issue with applying Happening and Risktaker across my lid when making a cut crease.


Here is the deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara that comes with this set! I actually love this mascara because of how it lengthens my lashes and doesn't clump.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Overall, I'm happy with this set even though I was a little disappointed with most of the matte shades in the palette. I think $24 is a pretty sweet deal for a colorful mini palette and deluxe size travel mascara and it goes to a great cause in celebration of Pride month!


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review and found this review helpful!
Don't be afraid to reach out to me to  ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 

image

No comments:

Post a Comment