Sunday, November 3, 2019

Colourpop - Midnight Masquerade Collection Review ♡


Hello makeup lovers! I'm so happy to share my thoughts on the magical Disney Midnight Masquerade collection from ColourPop Cosmetics! This beautiful collection comes with one eyeshadow palette(retails for $22), eight lux liquid lipsticks(each retails for $8), four blushes (each retails for $10), and four highlighters (each retails for $10.) You can buy the items individually or in bundles and of course everything is cruelty-free.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡




Here is the beautiful Midnight Masquerade eyeshadow palette! This palette comes with a mix of different shades and finishes that include eight matte shades, five shimmery metallic shades, and two pressed glitters. This palette does not come with a mirror on the inside but I love the Disney princess artwork added in!


Spinning Wheel - A shimmery metallic opal with a pink flip. 
Damsel - A matte dusty rose shade. 
Pip - A matte peachy nude shade.
Enchanted - A matte warm coral shade. 
Mama Odie - A shimmery soft peach with a green and duochrome flip.
Djali - A shimmery soft copper with a pink and duochrome flip. 
Floating Lantern - A rose coper with lavender pressed glitter.
Mrs. Potts - A shimmery metallic antique gold shade.
Royal Ball - A white gold with multidimensional pressed glitter. 
Frog & Wife - A shimmery metallic hunter shade. 
Nutmeg - A true terracotta matte shade.
New Dream - A warm dusty violet matte shade.
Gaston - A true crimson matte shade. 
Quasimodo - A muted deep brown matte shade. 
Merryweather - A deep navy blue matte shade. 


Here are the swatches! I love how you can make so many different looks with this palette. The mattes were easy to blend and work with and I had no issues applying the metallics using my finger or a dense eye brush. The only matte shade I wasn't impressed with was Merryweather since I felt like it could've been more pigmented and less patchy. I was able to make a cute coral, peachy look using Enchated, Pip, Nutmeg, and Djali. I also made sultry green look using Pip, Quasimodo, Frog & Wife, and Mama Odie. I also love the shade Mrs. Potts and how pigmented it is and it helps make the perfect golden look and Spinning Wheel and Mama Odie are perfect inner corner shades. I had a bit of fall out with the pressed glitters so I would recommend to use some glitter glue before applying them. 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


♡ I adore these blushes and highlighters! I feel like they're perfect for any skin tone and season. Each blush and highlighter palette come with their own mirror making them perfect for on the go when you need to touch up your face. 


Left to Right:
Big Tough Girl - A pale lavender highlighter with a pink duochrome.
Kissin' A Frog - A pearlized rose terracotta blush.
Horse & Carriage - A champagne pearl highlighter.
Court Of Miracles - A pink coral blush with a soft gold sheen.


Left To Right:
Coronation - A coral champagne pearl highlighter. 
Enchanted Mirror - A warm pink blush.
Andalasia - An icy peach highlighter.
♡ Floating Lights - A cool-toned pink blush.


♡ I truly love every shade of blush and highlighter in this collection. Each blush is pigmented and you can apply them lightly for a sweet princess flushed look or build them up for a more dramatic look. The highlighters certainly add an extra flare and glow to your princess beat since they are all pigmented and perfect for any skin tone in my opinion. I even use them as an inner corner highlight.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


♡ And last but not least here is the beautiful lux liquid lips! Each liquid lip features a soft whipped formula and has a medium buildable coverage that create a soft, diffused look. I loved how comfortable and soft these lippies felt on my lips and gave off a soft subtle look. I don't think they dry down completely matte so don't go in thinking these are full coverage matte liquid lips. I feel like each shade is perfect for summer, fall, and winter with all the plums, reds, and pinks in this collection and seem like they're perfect for every skin tone. 



Wonderboy - A rich berry lipstick. 
Prince Naveen - A burnt orange red lipstick. 
Prince Charming - A true pink lipstick. 
Phoebus - A deep raspberry lipstick.
Prince Phillip - A pink red lipstick.
Beast - A mid-tone pink nude lipstick. 
Prince Edward - A coral pink lipstick.
Flynn - A rose plum lipstick.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ 

Overall, I really adore this collection and think its wonderful! Do I think you need everything in this collection? Absolutely not. And best of all they have cheek and lipstick bundles if you just want products of your favorite princess! I would also definitely recommend the palette since it's so pretty and perfect for fall and winter. I cant wait to see what ColourPop comes out next when it comes to their Disney collections! 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review and found this review helpful!
Don't be afraid to reach out to me to  ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 
imageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment