Friday, June 23, 2017

♡ June BOXYCHARM Review


Hello! I received my June Boxycharm box and I'm so excited to share what I got this month! 
This month's theme is Downtown Charm.




I'm so happy about this month's box!
What I received this month:
Ofra Cosmetics Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick - I'm not sure which liquid lipstick shade I actually received since there was no name on the bottom of the packaging, but it's either Santa Ana or Tuscany. I'm thinking I received Tuscany but I'm not entirely sure.
RealHer Eye Shadow Palette  - RealHer II palette called Do Your Squats that come with 9 basic neutral shades ranging from shimmer to mattes.
Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder - A very pigmented multi-use highlighting loose powder in the shade Illuminati.
Luxie Rose Gold Precision Tapered Face Brush 640 - A very soft and cute rose gold face brush that can be used for dusting off powder and highlighting.
Biobelle Cosmetics Sheet Masks - 3 sheet face masks that are supposed to hydrate and even out skin tone!



Here is a look at the RealHer II Do Your Squats Eyeshadow Palette. The packaging is matte black and the palette and comes with a mirror inside. The palette is not big but also not too small which makes it perfect for on the go!




Here is a swatch of the shadows! I'm not very impressed with this palette. The matte shadows are kind of patchy when swatched and were a little difficult to blend out on my eyes. The only matte shade that wasn't patchy or difficult to work with was the base shade Driven. The shimmer shades were pigmented but didn't impress me all that much when trying them out on my eyes.


I've been wanting to try the Diamond Glow Powders ever since hearing about them from Jeffree Star!
The packaging is little smaller than I thought it would be but I'm not really complaining about it.




Here is the swatch of Diamond Glow Powder! It is so pigmented and blinding! I think this powder would be best applied with a fan brush since my Luxie Tapered Highlighting brush didn't seem to apply it well on my cheeks. But overall I'm very impressed with this highlighter!



Honestly guys, I have no clue which lipstick I actually received! It's either the shade Tuscany or Santa Ana. I checked the bottom of the packaging to see what shade I got but there is no sticker with a name sadly. Whichever one I received is definitely a beautiful color. I love dark plums and reds so I was happy to receive one these to try out!



And here is the swatch! This liquid lipstick is pigmented, smells like vanilla, and the formula feels so smooth on the lips! For some reason I had a hard time trying to apply this lipstick. It's not really patchy or anything of that sort, but I hard a difficult time of apply within the lines of my lips. I have small lips so I always have to be a little more careful or precise but this lipstick just kept getting everywhere and I kept having to wipe it off and try again. I'm not sure if its me (probably me) or the applicator but I'll keep practicing and trying it out till I make it work! 



AHH I love Luxie and their brushes! I always end up getting a Luxie brush every once in a while from the other  beauty subscriptions so I'm happy to receive one this month from Boxycharm!



This tapered face brush is from their cute Rose Gold collection. The bristles feel so soft and high quality! I tried highlighting with this brush but I feel like the bristles are too soft and not dense enough to pack on the highlight. But I did use the brush to wipe away my bake from under my eyes so more than likely I'll just use this brush for that from now on.



Girl, let me tell I was excited to get these face masks in this month's box! Sometimes skin care can be hit or miss with my weird skin but I don't mind trying out face masks, mostly because it's fun to put them on and look scary!


I tried this mask before going to bed and after trying it out and taking it off my skin felt so soft! Luckily my skin didn't decide to freak out overnight and react with breaking out or something dramatic like that. My skin felt really smooth and hydrated but I didn't see any signs of my skin trying to even out. Maybe I have to try a few more before I see dramatic results of my skin trying to even out it's tone. But overall I'm really happy and impressed with these face masks!


I'm so happy with this month's box! The only product I didn't like much was the RealHer eyeshadow palette but I'll give it another chance and see it works better for me the second time around. I'm not sure if the liquid lipstick was a miss for me yet but I'm going to make it work! 

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review! On the side of my blog you can also check out my subscription referral links! Don't be afraid to reach out to me to ask me questions or leave comments 


♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 


No comments:

Post a Comment