Saturday, June 17, 2017

♡ Urban Decay Jean-Michel Basquiat Eyeshadow & Blush Palette Review


Hello! I snagged these two awesome palettes that were on sale on Ulta.com and thought I would do a little review of them! These two palettes are from the Urban Decay Jean-Michael Basquiat collection! When this collection first came out I set my alarm for midnight so I could purchase the Vault box but unfortunately I set my alarm for 12PM instead of 12AM and by the time I woke up the Vault collection was sold out. But I am very fortunate to get the two palettes from the collection that I really wanted since the beginning! I thought I would review and share my thoughts before they sell out for good! Jean-Michel Basquiat was such an amazing graffiti artist and a true pioneer of the neo-expressionist movement. He quickly rose to fame in the 80's art scene in NYC and his iconic paintings are still exhibited all over the world! 



This the Gold Griot Eyeshadow Palette! This palette is more of a neutral shade palette and features eight new eyeshadows based on Basquiat's paintings. I love the packaging of this palette and the Basquiat artwork featured on it!





Here are the swatches from the eyeshadow palette! The eyeshadows felt very smooth, velvety, and are very pigmented. I've heard that pigmentation with UD eyeshadows can be hit or miss but this palette definitely did not disappoint me! My favorite shades from this palette are Influence and Crown. 

This is the Basquiat Gallery Blush Palette! This blush palette features two blushes, one bronzer, and one highlighter based on Basquiat's paintings! I love the packaging on this palette as well and the crown artwork featured on it!






Here are the swatches from the palette! The blushes also felt very smooth, velvety, and are very pigmented as well. These shades would look great on any skin tone and are made with the long-lasting Afterglow formula which gives them 8 hours of wear! My favorite shades from this blush palette are X-Rated and Now's The Time! Jawbone is definitely more of a warm toned bronzer and Noho is just a little too dark for my taste. 



Another thing that I love about these palettes is that they have a cutout on the back so you can hang them up like artwork! Probably the cutest idea ever! 


Overall, I'm very impressed with these palettes and their pigmentation of the eyeshadows and blushes. I'm so happy that UD came out with the collection and bringing light back to such an amazing artist like Basquiat and I hope one day in the future they'll release the whole collection again! I would definitely recommend scooping these palettes up before they are gone for good! 



Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review and found this review helpful! 
Don't be afraid to reach out to me to ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 


No comments:

Post a Comment