Saturday, July 22, 2017

♡ Wet N Wild New MegaGlo Highlighters Review


Hello! Wet N Wild finally released some new shades of their popular MegaGlo Highlighters! The original I love the original MegaGlow highlighters in Precious Petals and Crown of My Canopy so I was super excited to try these new shades! These highlighters only retail for $4.99 each which is super affordable for such a blinding highlight!

New Shades:
Botanic Dream - A very cute metallic pink highlighter.
Royal Calyx - A cute metallic lavender highlighter.
Golden Flowe Crown - A beautiful golden metallic highlighter.
Blossom Glow - A cute biege almost champagne metallic highlighter.







Here is a closer look and swatches of the new highlighter shades! I absolutely love these new shades and are highly pigmented to be drugstore highlighters. I can see myself using each shade for everyday looks except maybe for Royal Calyx since its a very bold lavender shade. Also I think Royal Calyx wasn't as pigmented as the other highlighters since it seems like it might be a little more chunky and need more building up than the other 3 highlighters 



For some reason Royal Calyx and Botanic Dream reminded me of the spring collection Highlighters Wet N Wild that were released a few month's ago (and are still available here) in the shades Lilac to Reality and The Sweetest Bling so I decided to compare them.


So when comparing Royal Calyx (the top swatch) with Lilac to Reality (the bottom swatch) it seems like they are the same color but the Lilac to Reality swatch was a little more opaque, more pigmented, and not as chunky as Royal Calyx. 


As for The Sweetest Bling (the top swatch) compared to Botanic Dream (the bottom swatch) they pretty much looked the same to me but I'm thinking The Sweetest Bling might be just a little bit more light pink than Botanic Dream.




And for fun I decided to compare swatches of Crown of My Canopy (top swatch), Precious Petals (middle swatch), and Golden Flower (bottom swatch). Golden Flower is definitly the more golden one out of the 3 highlighters. Crown of My Canopy is more of a copper metallic highlighter with a golden undertone and Precious Petals is a medium gold metallic highlighter with a yellow undertone to it. 


Overall, I'm just in love with these new highlighters! The only shade I'm not very crazy about is Royal Calyx only because I know it's a color I won't be reaching for much but besides that I am very happy with Wet N Wild for releasing these new shades and staying true to the velvety smooth, blinding formula that everyone knows and loves


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review and found this review helpful! 
Don't be afraid to reach out to me to  ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment