Friday, August 4, 2017

♡ Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette Review


Hey guys! Here is my little review and thoughts of the highly talked about Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture palette! This is my first ever purchase of anything ABH so I was really excited to try out this new palette! After purchase though I started seeing reviews and hearing things about the palette, like how the shadows are pigmented but hard to blend and how there is a lot of kickback. The reviews I've seen and heard don't really give me any bias thoughts so in this written review my thoughts are my own! I ordered this palette from the ABH website and this palette retails for $42.


 I really like the soft feel of the felt/velvet like material of the packaging but I can see it getting really dirty especially if you're taking it with on the go a lot.




Here is a close look at the shadows! In this palette you get 11 ultra-matte eyeshadows, 3 metallic finish eyeshadows, and a dual-ended brush.



Cube - A pretty metallic dou chrome pink pearl 
Dawn - A matte sand 
Destiny - A matte sage kind of army green
Roxy - A matte coral 
Electric - A metallic dou chrome lime gold
Fudge - A warm toned matte brown


Adorn - A pretty metallic bronze
All Star - A matte wine color
Mercury - A cool toned slate grey 
New Wave - A matte citrin orange 
Untamed - A matte tarnish kind of forest green
Edge - A matte gold mustard


Last but not least!
Axis - A matte blue green 
Rowdy - A dark matte blackened purple 


Here is a swatch of all the shadows on my arm! The shadows felt silky and smooth and of course are very pigmented! I pressed very lightly when swatching with my finger and I had noticed that the shadows were trying to give some kick back. The only swatch that disappointed me was Cube just because I think it was going to be more metallic but swatched lightly.



Here is a look at the eyeshadow look I attempted with this palette! I used Dawn and Fudge as my transitions shades, used Adorn on my lid, Rowdy in my outer crease, and I put Electric as my inner corner highlight. When using Dawn and Fudge I did notice that the colors kind of mixed together and made a muddy kind of color. The best thing I can think of to describe this and what it reminded me of is when you're coloring or painting and you mix colors together to make a new color. I've never noticed this happening with eyeshadows when trying to blend so it was something that kind of caught me off guard. Adorn didn't work well with a brush and I had to use some glitter glue (you can also wet your brush) to make the shadow more metallic looking. I had no problems with applying Electric in my inner corner. Rowdy was just a bit difficult to blend out on my outer crease but I finally I kind of got everything looking how I waned in the end! I did notice that the matte shadows were trying to give kickback so to not waste any product I tapped gently with my brushes and I did have to tap off any excess from my brushes, Interesting enough the metallic shadows didn't give any kickback which I have no complaint or concerns about.
♡ 

Overall, I don't absolutely love this palette but I don't really hate it either. I'm in a very grey area on how I feel about it and I'm not too sure If I would recommend it. Since I paid $42 for this palette I'm still going to give it more use and see what else I can do with it. 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review and found this review helpful! 
Don't be afraid to reach out to me to  ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 


No comments:

Post a Comment