Monday, October 16, 2017

♡ Colourpop My Little Pony Palette Review


Hello everyone! When Colourpop announced their new My Little Pony collection I was literally screaming with excitement! This new My Little Pony collection comes with a cute $16 Eyeshadow Palette, $22 Brush Set, $18 makeup bag, two new highlighters, three new ultra glossy lips, three new ultra matte lips, and 3 new super shock eyeshadows! I only bought three items from this collection that I knew I really, really wanted and I just couldn't wait to review them with ya'll!


So from this collection I bought the My Little Pony Eyeshadow palette, My Little Pony Brush set, and the My Little Pony Moondancer ultra matte liquid lipstick! 




Here is a look at the packaging of the eyeshadow palette! I love the packaging and the cute ponies on the cover! The palette is a fairly small/medium size. It's about the same size of their I Think I Love You Palette which I reviewed not too long ago. 


Here is the back of the palette and the cute names of the eyeshadows!




Butterscotch: A white with subtle pink/violet opalescent sheen.
Blossom: Metallic peach with a pink/gold duo-chrome finish.
Starshine: A metallic golden orange.
Bluebell: A satin golden ivory.
Applejack: A matte red violet.
Skydancer: A bright metallic icy lavender.
Minty: A matte cool-toned fuchsia.
Flutterbye: A matte peach.
Twilight: A satin deep blackened violet.
Firefly: A metallic silvery baby blue.
Snuzzle: A metallic icy white with a blue duo-chrome finish.
Princess Sparkle: Metallic rich turquoise.



Here is a swatch of the eyeshadows without any help from primer! Honestly the pigment really didn't wow me as much as the I Think I Love You Palette eyeshadows did. I feel like the matte shades definitely need some swatched a little patchy and needed some building up while the metallics could really pop more with the help of some glitter glue or wetting the brush. The shadows did end up preforming well and were easy to apply and blend. There is a tiny bit of fallout with the matte shades but it's really nothing worry about.




Here is a look at the My Little Pony Ultra Matte liquid lipstick in the shade Moondancer! This shade is a deep blackened plum color. I chose to buy this liquid lipstick due to the fact that I love dark berry colored lips! 


I was honestly surprised that this tube had these weird scratches/marks on the tube when I took liquid lipstick out of it's box. Even though it kind of ruins the cuteness of the packaging, ' something I'm not going to get too bummed out about, but I definitely expect better from Colourpop in the future.


And here is the swatch! I love the dark plum berry color of the lipstick. The liquid lipstick was a little drying but honestly a lot of Colourpop ultra matte lipsticks feel that way. It was also a little difficult to wipe off and stained my lips a bit but I expect that from a dark matte liquid lip. 




And last but not least here are the brushes! This cute mini brush set comes with an angled face brush, fan brush, shader brush, tapered blending brush, angled eye brush, and a translucent brush holder/case. I actually had a difficult time trying to open the brush case and I accidentally broke off the part that helps close the case... (つ﹏<)


The bristles on the brushes are honestly not the softest I've felt. Most of the brushes from this set did preform fairly well. The only brush I didn't end up liking much was the angled eye brush, which I was actually looking forward to using the most the most. Out of the all the mini brushes, I've used the tapered blending brush and fan brush the most so far.  


The handles on these brushes are small, but I don't mind it since I actually have really small hands but I know small brush handles for some people might be a problem or just something that doesn't suit their preferences. Honestly though I don't think this brush set is complete must for your collection, but I really wanted to try them out and give my opinion on them for you guys!


Overall, I really enjoyed the products I got from this collection. I do believe the My Little Pony Palette is definitely the one thing you should try from this collection! I just love the bright playful colors, plus shadows the palette preform well! I think the brush set you could totally just skip out on.
Some things in this collection is just too cute to pass on since there is a little something that everyone would like to get their hands on and try out, plus it's fairly affordable, and would be perfect for any My Little Pony lover or makeup collector thats looking for fun colors to play with! 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review and found this review helpful!
Don't be afraid to reach out to me to  ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment