Saturday, August 24, 2019

August 2019 Yes, Oh Yas! Review ♡


Hello makeup lovers! I'm super excited to share what I received in my August Yes, Oh Yas! subscription! Yes, Oh Yas is an up-and-coming monthly makeup subscription that is only $14.99 plus shipping and you get 3-7 full sized beauty products! This month's theme is Time To Travel!

This Month I Received:

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



First thing to be reviewed is this cute palette from Mavie Cosmetics! This is my first time trying anything from this brand and I was thoroughly impressed with the pigmentation and performance of this palette! Whats even better is that this palette retails for only $23 and is vegan and cruelty-free!


♡ Here is the inside of the palette! You get two matte shades, five metallic shades, and two shimmery/satin shades.


Incoming Flight - A matte coffee brown shade.
Golden State Of Mind - A metallic light yellow gold shade.
La La Land - A metallic rose gold shade.
Beach Boardwalk - A shimmery satin butter gold shade.
Red Carpet - A matte fire brick red shade.
Award Season - A gold metallic shade.
Limo Service - A metallic light taupe shade.
Suit & Tie - A shimmery satin midnight black shade.
Tinseltown - A metallic hazelnut shade.


Here is the swatches! I was absolutely blown away by the pigmentation and performance of these eyeshadows. I was able to make a simple look by blending out Incoming Flight in my crease, packing Red Carpet on the base of my lid and then adding Tinseltown over Red Carpet with my finger and then putting Beach Boardwalk in my inner corner. I hope try more from Mavie Cosmetics in the future!

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡





I'm not too sure how I feel about this primer. I used this primer to prime my lid and the eyeshadows I had on my lids didn't seem to last long and had started fading later on the day. I don't know if its because I'm used to using my Too Faced primer but I'm going to give this primer a second chance to see if my opinion changes.


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



♡ I really like this brow brush from Aesthetica. It's just your average and simple brow brush that helps apply brow pomade with ease.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



This is my first time ever hearing of Zatik and trying their product. This relief eye serum is supposed to help soften and smooth the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and also help with puffiness under the eyes. I like the cool feeling it has when applied to my eye area and it does help keep my under eyes feeling soft and hydrated. The only complaint I have is the pump, like I cant seem to get product without it spraying across my room somehow. 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



I cant believe I'm finally getting to try the infamous silicone blender! And to be honest... I didn't like it. This blender is not going to replace my face brushes that I use to apply my foundation, but the idea behind it is interesting and fun I guess. 



♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Well it seems this month and I had some hits and some misses. I LOVED the eyeshadow palette and enjoyed the brow brush but I didn't feel impressed with the primer and the silicone blender. I like using the Zatik eye relief serum but I just hate the pump and how it sprays the product across my room. I cant wait to see what I get next month though! 

♡ Yes Oh, Yas ♡

Also check out my discount code to get money off your first month! 

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review! On the side of my blog you can also check out my subscription referral links! Don't be afraid to reach out to me to ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment