Thursday, October 24, 2019

October 2019 ipsy Ultimate Glam Bag Review ♡


Hello makeup lovers! I'm super excited to share my first ever ipsy Glam Bag Ultimate box for the month of October! For only $50/monthly you can receive up to 8 full sized products and 4 deluxe sized products in your monthly box! I chose the Glam Bag Ultimate option only because I want more products each month to review for you guys but if you're not signed up with ipsy and is interested you can always be on their normal Glam Bag option which is $12 or Glam Bag Plus for $25/monthly! This month's theme is Haunt It.

This Month I Received:

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡




Here is the beautiful Huda Beauty Warm Brown palette! This eyeshadow palette comes with eight matte shades and one shimmer shade in beautiful earthy, warm tones perfect for fall! 


Just wanted to note that this palette doesn't come with any names for the shades inside. Even though it is a smaller eyeshadow palette it does come with a mirror making it perfect for travel! 


Here is the swatches! Each shade came out looking so pigmented and bright when swatched and I had no issues blending out the matte shades on my eyes and I was able to apply the only shimmer shade with my finger with no problem! If you're looking for a good, small sized palette that works great and you can take on the go then I think this palette would be good for you! 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


I enjoyed this clay mask and has a fresh herbal scent. This clay mask contains lemon verbena for brightening and purifying and red beans and rice to help soothe and refine the skin. The clay was very gentle on my skin and didn't give off any strong tingly feeling like most clay masks do. 

♡ I never heard of Murad but I was excited to try out this exfoliator from them! This exfoliator helps soothes and cleanse the skin and contains a blend of salicylic, lactic, and glycolic acids that help polish away dull, dry skin. I've been using this exfoliator every other day and even though it leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh I wish it was bit more grittier. But thats just my preference. 

I've been using this product everyday during my makeup routine to lock in moisture before putting on my makeup! I apply this product after applying toner and I love that it has a light scent that isn't overwhelming at all. You can apply this serum morning and night to help rejuvenate your complexion.

This sample size of Unicorn Glow primer is supposed to prep and prime your skin along with hydrating and adding a natural glow. I liked trying this primer but I don't think it'll become a part of my tried and true products. 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡




This is the cute blush and highlight trio palette from the ipsy x Betty Boop collaboration! You get two pearlescent shades and one peachy matte blush and comes with a mirror so you can take this cute blush palette on the go!


Left to Right: You're a Peach, All Dolled Up, Heartbreaker.


Here is the swatches. I was sadly disappointed with the performance and poor pigmentation with this palette. You can definitely try to bring out pigmentation using a liquid highlighter or blush to help boost the product's performance. I just hope ipsy does better in the future. 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


These are such sultry and soft makeup brushes! This midnight trio comes with a cheek brush, stippling brush, and foundation brush. The handles are matte black and the bristles a beautiful midnight blue. I loved the blush brush from this trio but I'm still not sure how I feel about the stippling brush and foundation brush just yet but I'll definitely keep playing with them!


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


I love receiving eyeliner in my subscriptions and I was happy to try out this waterproof eyeliner! This eyeliner is waterproof, smudge proof, jet black and comes with a synthetic felt tip and was easy to apply and dried down fairly quick. This eyeliner lasted me all day at work with no smudging and was easy to take off with makeup remover.



♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


My boyfriend and I had a fun time trying out these sheet face masks from The Saem! My boyfriend tried the avocado mask and I tried the shea butter mask. The masks left out skin feeling super hydrated and refreshed and my boyfriend enjoyed trying them out with me.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


I love trying products from brands I've never heard of and I enjoyed trying out this cute, sheer gloss! I received the shade Opulence which is a beautiful iridescent shimmer. This gloss has a blend of natural and organic oils which makes its comfortable wear and not overly sticky and gives off a lovely shine. 



♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


I believe this is my first time trying out an eyeshadow from Coloured Raine and I was so happy to receive this deluxe sample in my box! The shade I received was Glamour which is a beautiful pearlescent champagne foil. This shade was very pigmented and is perfect to finish off a look as an inner corner highlight or a brow bone highlight. 



Just look at that shine and pigment!

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


And last but not least here is the perfume that came in this month's box! This Beautiful Times parfum spray's comes with top notes of bright orange and juice red fruits add a burst of freshness. Middle notes of violet and rose bring in the romance as the scent dries down. After settling into the skin, bottom notes of vanilla and caramelized sugar add warmth and depth. I'm not the biggest fan of receiving parfum but I'm starting to like trying new scents.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Overall I'm pretty happy about my first Glam Bag Ultimate and all the products I got to try this month! I feel like I got to try a little bit of everything that's included in a normal makeup routine and it only makes me more excited to see what I get next month. I also forgot to mention that I also relieved a cute Betty Boop makeup 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review! On the side of my blog you can also check out my subscription referral links! Don't be afraid to reach out to me to ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter  
Image result for betty boop transparent

No comments:

Post a Comment