Saturday, October 26, 2019

October 2019 Sephora PLAY! Review ♡


Hello makeup lovers! I'm excited to share my last subscription review for the month of October of my Sephora PLAY box! I sadly won't be reviewing Birchbox this month due to some inventory issues they had and could not send me box but I hope next month I'll get to review every subscription! Sephora PLAY is Sephora's own monthly beauty box subscription that retails for only $10 and you get 5-6 Sephora favorite beauty samples and you even get 50 bonus beauty insider points! This month's theme is Your Beauty Recipe.

What I Received This Month:

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



First off is the Apple Cider Vinegar hair mask from a brand called DPHUE. This hair mask is supposed to help with damaged hair and support hairs condition and is for all hair types! When applying this hair mask I noticed it had a strong scent that reminded me of men's cologne and I left it on my hair for about five minutes and then rinsed. I noticed after blow drying my hair that it instantly felt more soft and looked more alive and I could still barely smell the strong scent of the product. I will definitely use this sample until its all gone and maybe buy the actual full sized product. 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



Here is the vegan and clean Water Foundation from Tarte! This vegan foundation is for normal/dry skin and has a medium coverage with 30 shades to chose from. I have oily skin but I felt this foundation didn't make my skin any more oily looking throughout the day which is amazing and it did just enough to cover some impurities on my face. I would probably never buy this foundation and use it regularly in my routine but it was nice to try out.


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



I always LOVE receiving samples of Photo Finish primer from Smashbox! This clear priming gel is supposed to help smooth skin and blur flaw and help foundation apply on smoothly. This primer helps hide my large pores and acne scars and makes my skin look smoother after foundation. I also love that this primer feels light on my skin and is oil free.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



This is my first time ever trying the infamous Beautyblender long wear foundation and I feel like it's about as average as any other foundation I've tried so far. Bounce Liquid Whip foundation is for dry/normal/combination skin types and is full coverage with a matte finish and has 40 shades in the collection so far. I like how the sample dispenses the product and when applied on my skin I noticed this matte finish and did an okay job in the coverage department but overall I'm not super impressed by it.


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



This is my first time finding out that Cover FX had their own setting spray. This setting spray is supposed to have 24-hour wear and is alcohol free so it doesn't melt your makeup or set into fine lines. I love the fine mist from this spray and really helps keep my skin looking matte throughout the day. I'm not sure if this spray could replace my Urban Decay all nighter spray but I do enjoy it so far.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡



If you have oily skin like me then you definitely need to try this matte velvet foundation from Make Up For Ever! This foundation is for normal/dry/combination/oily skin, full coverage, and comes with 40 shades in the collection. This foundation left my skin looking smooth, even, matte and was easy to blend out with my foundation brush. I like this foundation over the Beautyblender Bounce foundation for sure! 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Overall, I'm happy with this month's box and trying out different foundations along with one my favorite primer, a new setting spray, and hair care that works wonders! This month has been an interesting one but I'm super excited to see products I receive for my birth month (November!)


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review! On the side of my blog you can also check out my subscription referral links! Don't be afraid to reach out to me to ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment