Tuesday, December 24, 2019

December 2019 BOXYCHARM Premium Review ♡


Hello makeup lovers! Here is part 2 of my BoxyCharm reviews featuring my BoxyCharm Premium box! BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription where you receive 5-6 full sized makeup items for only $21/month and you can also now pay $35/month for 6-7 products for BoxyCharm Premium. You can also pay $28 every three months for BoxyCharm BoxyLuxe where you get more full sized products in your box! This month's theme is Whimsy

This Month I Received:





First up is the Dose Of Colors Hidden Treasure eyeshadow palette! This beautiful palettes comes with five metallic shades that can be used wet/dry, four matte shades, and one shimmery shade. I really love the unique layout of the pans and the treasure inspired colors of the shades and it also comes with a mirror so you can take this palette on the go! 


Pearl - A soft ivory shimmer shade. 
Coin - A metallic gold shade. 
Key - A medium brown shade in a matte finish.
Crown - A metallic burnt orange shade. 
Ruby - A cranberry red metallic shade. 
Gemstone - A warm champagne shade in a metallic finish.
Onyx - A matte black shade. 
Map - A soft beige shade in a matte finish.
Locket - A warm muted orange shade in a matte finish.
Diamond - A metallic rose gold shade. 


♡ And here is the swatches! I love the warm tones and the metallics and mattes are all fairly pigmented.  I was able to make a cute and simple look by using Key as a crease shade, blending Locket with Key to smoke it out, placing Ruby over the base of my lid by using my finger, and then using Pearl as an inner corner highlight to finish off the look. The matte shades were pleasant to work with and blend out and I was able to use the metallic shade applied seamlessly with just my finger alone but it can also be applied just as well with a brush. I really love how you get your base shades, transition shades, and warm metallics with this palette and how simple it is to use!




♡ I've been really getting into the Glow Recipe and their products lately and I was so happy to receive this watermelon moisturizer in my premium box! They glow moisturizer comes with vitamin and amino acid-rich watermelon extract, plumping hyaluronic acid, and soothing botanicals like peony and jasmine extracts and is also oil free. I love the cooling feeling it gives when applied to the skin and absorbs instantly into my skin and leaves my skin feeling super moisturized! 





♡ This highlight trio palette is POPPIN! These beautiful versatile jelly highlight shades are designed to be worn over makeup for a blinding, light-catching glow. I was able to apply this product with ease with my finger and it didn't disturb my foundation and setting powder. These highlights apply wet but dry down automatically and holds the pigment in place. I feel like the only issue regarding this palette is that the shades would not go well with fair skin tones and works better for medium/dark skin tones. 


No Spraytan's - A warm bronze highlight.
Fiji - A rose gold champagne highlight. 
Barbie Dream House - A pink highlight shade. 


Just look at that glow!!! 




♡ If you got dry patches on your face then this is the product for you! Formulated with 2 active pharmaceutical ingredients; a whopping 5% colloidal oatmeal and 7% sweet almond oil, Dermatitis Face Balm works quickly to safely and effectively calm reactions to makeup, lash extensions, fragrance or skincare; and other flare ups of facial dermatitis and eczema. My dry spots and eczema has been pretty chill this winter but my poor boyfriend has been suffering from runny nose and dry skin around his nose. I placed some on his nose before going to be and he said the next day his nose instantly felt better and soothed which made me happy to hear! 




♡ This night eye mask not only helps hydrate your under eyes and helps with puffiness and fatigued looking eyes but also comes with a ceramic eye massager to help massage in the product! I've been using this about 3 times a week and all I do is just dot on the product and gently massage it in and then use my fingers to pat in any left over product and leave it over night! I love the cooling affect it gives and how my eyes look less puffy in the morning and I hope to see some more results by staying consistent with this product!




♡ And last but not least here is the Kat Von D cake eyeliner in Trooper which is an ultra black shade. This eyeliner is super creamy, pigmented, and easy to apply and work with! I also feel like this eyeliner would be perfect for a grungy, smudged eyeliner look as well. And the best part is that its 100% water proof, vegan, and lasts all day long! 




Overall, I'm pretty please with the products I received in my first BoxyCharm Premium box this December! I've really enjoyed getting back into blogging and getting excited each month on what products I would receive in my box! I bet 2020 will be just as great! 



Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review! On the side of my blog you can also check out my subscription referral links! Don't be afraid to reach out to me to ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter  
image

No comments:

Post a Comment