Wednesday, December 18, 2019

December 2019 BOXYLUXE Review ♡


Hello makeup lovers! This is part one of my BOXYCHARM reviews this month since I'll be reviewing my BoxyLuxe and BoxyCharm Premium boxes! BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription where you receive 5-6 full sized makeup items for only $21/month and you can also now pay $35/month for 6-7 products! You can also pay $28 every three months for BoxyCharm BoxyLuxe where you get more full sized products in your box! This month's theme is Whimsy.

This Month I Received:



I'm always happy to try anything from Fresh and this month I received their Soy Cleanser! This face cleanser cleanses, removed makeup, and soothes skin and is for all skin types and even soothes sensitive skin. It's made with amino acid-rich soy proteins, calming cucumber extract, and balancing rosewater and I love the subtle cucumber scent. I really enjoyed how soothing it is and how it left my skin feeling fresh and clean! 

♡ This setting spray from Inn Beauty Project is very interesting! It is formulated with 2 layers that activate when you shake it and is an energizing toner and setting spray all in one! The top layer is made up of weightless botanical oils: Moringa Seed & Ginger Root oil, that nourish and soothe while giving you a glow that is never greasy or oily. The bottom layer is made up of Witch Hazel, Aloe & Electrolytes which purify, hydrate & energize skin. I felt like this setting spray really did help energize my skin and helped my makeup last throughout the day. I feel like the spritzer is a bit weird but the mist is fine and light. 





♡ This is my first time trying an eyeshadow palette from Storybook Cosmetics and I could not be more excited! This palette looks just like an story book and comes with six matte shades, six metallic shades, and a mirror so you can take this palette on the go! 


Briar Rose - A matte peachy pink shade. 
Spindle - A matte soft pink nude shade. 
Talia - A metallic rose gold shade.
Castle - A metallic sky blue shade with silver. 
Prince - A metallic royal blue shade. 
Grimm - A dark rusty burgundy red matte shade. 
Beauty - A metallic pinky purple shade.
Woodland - A matte nude with yellow undertones. 
Enchanted - A metallic taupe shade. 
Fairies - A silver metallic shade. 
Thorn - A mauve matte shade. 
Kiss - A matte pinky orange with golden glitter flecks. 


♡ And here is the swatches! The mattes and metallics felt so buttery and smooth! I used Woodland as base shade and I was able to blend out the matte shades Briar Rose and Spindle together but Grimm was the only trouble I had trying to blend out in my outer corner and crease and it took me a while to get it the way I wanted it. I also applied Talia with my finger on the base of my lid and used Enchanted as bright inner corner highlight. 




♡ I've always wanted to try a face/skin roller so I was happy to make this my choice to receive in my Boxyluxe box this month. This facial massage roller is an invigorating skin care tool that energizes skin with a gentle massaging motion to help reduce the look of puffiness, increase absorption of skin care products and improve skin texture and tone for a more radiant, sculpted-looking complexion. When trying it on my face and shoulders I felt so soothed and relaxed and I even used it on my boyfriend's back and said that it felt really amazing and relaxing. I'm definitely going to use this on my face to help even out my tone and texture! 




♡ This is my first time hearing of the brand Rituals. This foaming shower gel features a lovely cherry blossom scent and has organic rice milk, it uses unique technology to transform the gel into a silky soft cleansing foam. I love the lavish scent of this foam gel and how it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean! 




Theres nothing like more skin care to add to my collection! The Alaska Glacier Water envelops skin with refreshing moisture and hydrating Iceland moss extract helps to soothe dry skin while revealing radiance. I like how this cream hydrates while not being heavy under the makeup. 






♡ This highlighter from Ciaté is so cute! This warm toned highlighter is super-soft and has a mix of golden, champagne, and pearlescent shades that give a lovely sun kissed glow. This highlight is super pigmented and I feel like is perfect for medium to dark skin tones!





♡ It has been a long time since I've used Kat Von D liner and this is my first time trying out the new Dagger Tattoo Liner. The angled brush is made to help create the perfect winged eyeliner look. I didn't think this eyeliner was as pigmented as it could be. It bled when swatched but it didn't bleed when applied on my eye. I'm not too sure how I feel about this eyeliner yet but I feel like it gets the job done regardless. 






♡ I love Too Faced and their liquid lipsticks! This matte finish liquid lip is long lasting and I received the shade 'Suck It' which is a beautiful rosewood shade. These liquid lips are comfortable to wear and really do last a long time on the lips. I don't think their over drying but looked dry on my lips since my lips are always naturally chapped and I forget to exfoliate with sugar scrubs. 




Overall, I'm very happy with my Boxyluxe products! I think the only product that I was hoping to wow me was the Dagger liner but like I said it gets the job done regardless. I cant believe we are already at the last days of the year. I cant wait to see what 2020 brings for myself and everyone else! 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review! On the side of my blog you can also check out my subscription referral links! Don't be afraid to reach out to me to ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment