Monday, January 13, 2020

January 2020 BOXYCHARM Review ♡


Hello Makeup Lovers! I'm happy to share my thoughts on the first BoxyCharm box for the year of 2020!BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription where you receive 5-6 full sized makeup items for only $21/month and you can also now pay $35/month for 6-7 products for BoxyCharm Premium. You can also pay $28 every three months for BoxyCharm BoxyLuxe where you get more full sized products in your box! This month's theme is Breaking The Ice.

This Month I Received




First up is the Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask from Glow Recipe! I've been looking forward to trying anything from Glow Recipe and I was happy to receive another Watermelon Glow product! The Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is a luxuriously bouncy, breathable sleeping mask that smoothes and perfects skin, overnight. The Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is formulated with soothing, amino-acid rich Watermelon Extract, hydrating Hyaluronic Acid, and pore refining AHAs that work while you sleep to gently exfoliate and clarify. This product soaked into my skin and is pillow friendly since it didn't leave anything on my pillow! I woke up with my skin looking healthy and dewy so I definitely going to try and keep a routine with applying this product every night. 


♡ So I recently received this product through my ispy Glam Bag subscription but more the merrier! Like I've stated on my ipsy review: This face product exfoliates, nourishes, and brightens the skin while also giving it a boost of hydration! I use this in the shower after wiping off my makeup and I love how exfoliated, soft and smooth my skin feels. 





♡ I just want to say that this palette is absolutely stunning! The Scarlet Dusk palette comes with a mix of oranges, berries, pinks, and browns, basically all the most perfect shades that capture the sunset. This lovely palette also comes with a mirror that way you can make the sunset on your eyes anywhere you go!


♡ This palette comes with eight smooth matte shades and four creamy  metallic shades. 


♡ And here is the swatches! Each shade in the palette buttery, smooth, and super pigmented! I made a simple vampy, berry inspired look by placing Sangria in the crease, blending it together with Bahamas, then smoking out Bahamas and blending it together with Sunset Rose, placed Aurora in on the base of my lid with my finger, deepened my crease with Nocturnal and then completed my look by placing Aruba in my inner corner. I had no issues blending out each matte shade to my liking and the metallics were creamy and pigmented enough for me to just place and blend out using my fingers. I'm am really thoroughly impressed with the performance of this palette! 




♡ This is my first time getting to try the Under Cover Concealer from Pretty Vulgar. Under Cover concealer is a lightweight gel serum concealer formulated to be hydrating, buildable, and provide medium coverage with a natural, flawless finish. Infused with Vitamins and Galactoarabinan to keep skin moisturized and to rejuvenate and improve the skin's appearance. I received the shade The Middle Ground which is medium natural shade. It blended in well with my beauty blender and with a foundation brush and did a fair job and trying to help hide some of my imperfections, dark under eyes, and redness. I'm not to sure if I've found my holy grail of concealer but I'll definitely be putting this concealer to use. 


♡ The angled doe foot applicator is easy to use and precisely applies the velvety soft formula to visibly brighten the complexion and cover dark circles!




Petite N Pretty is a brand I am now just learning about thanks to BoxyCharm! This Fully Feather volumizing mascara that adds instant thickness and definition. Its quick-dry formula locks in curl, while the custom petite-sized hourglass applicator is designed to lay it on thick and separate lash by lash for a full-feathered fringe! This mascara applied without any clumps building up, really feathered out my lashes, and no fall out throughout the day!



Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this box! I do with I couldve received a cute Too Faced Diamond Light highlighter instead of the Skin&Co product but how was BoxyCharm supposed to know I had received that same product from ipsy. The stand out product of this month was defintly the Ace Beautē Scarlet Dusk palette since it preformed so well, I would highly recommend you get it for yourself! 

Let's make this new year of 2020 a great one!



Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review! On the side of my blog you can also check out my subscription referral links! Don't be afraid to reach out to me to ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment