Sunday, January 5, 2020

Lime Crime Sale Holiday Palettes Haul Review ♡


Hello makeup lovers! The holidays may be over but you can still treat yourself some holiday magic by purchasing the Lime Crime holiday eyeshadow palettes that are currently on sale! The Venus XS palettes are originally $20 but you can now get them for $8 and the Winter Lights eyeshadow was originally $45 but you now can get it for only $18! There is also other holiday goodies like lip bundles, unicorn hair mist, and hi-lite on sale as well! 




♡ Here is the cute Winter Lights eyeshadow palette in all its festive glory! I love the packaging and how the Lime Crime logo is used to make a lime Christmas tree and their unicorn logo as the tree topper! 


The inside of the palette is just as cute and sleek! This palette comes with a mix of mattes, foils, and metallics and even a mirror so you can take this festive palette on the go!


Frosty - Icy baby blue foil shade.
Sleighed - A matte deep brown shade.
Ribbon - A foil crimson shade with pink sparkle. 
Bauble - A foil plum shade. 
Flurries - An iridescent pink shade w/ green shift.
Topaz - A foil teal/blue shade. 
Soots You - A matte gun metal grey with sparkle. 
Mittens - A matte grey nude shade. 
What The Hail - A metallic mauve-y silver shade. 
Blitzen - A metallic peach with pink sparkle. 
December - A matte hot pink shade.
Wish - A sheer golden cream shimmer shade.


♡ I think the swatches came out okay! I was really surprised with how sheer Flurries swatched but it does make for a decent topper shade. The matte shades like Sleighed and December definitely needed a light hand and more time blending in the way that I liked them and the shade Mittens barely showed up at all but makes for a decent transition shade to blend things out. The shades Ribbon, Bauble, Topaz, and What The Hail were the most pigmented of the metallic foil shades and were easy to apply with my fingers, but you can also wet a brush or use a cream base to really make them pop! Wish, Blitzen, and Frosty are also perfect shades to add in your inner corner to complete any festive look!





♡ First Venus quad to be reviewed of the Venus XS palette in Frosted! This little palette comes with four shades of mattes and metallic foils finishes! I think out of all three holiday Venus XS palettes this one if probably my favorite to work with.


Icicle - A matte baby blue shade.
Chilly - A bright metallic blue shade. 
Comet - A silver/baby blue foil shade.
Solstice - A sheer matte blue shade. 


I love the blue shades in this palette! I was able to create an all blue look by placing Icicle in my crease and blending it out, then placing Chilly over the base of my lid using my finger, deepening the crease with Solstice to create more dimension, and then applying Comet in my inner corner to complete the look! Icicle was such an easy matte to blend out but it did have a bit of kick back in the pan and Solstice was fairly easy to blend out but needs a light hand. 





♡ If you're into rosy nude shades then this is the palette for you! This palette comes with one matte shade and the rest are foil, metallic shades. 


Festive - A matte pinky nude shade.
Peppermint Cake - A metallic baby pink shade. 
Dazzling - A foil mauve shade with blue sparkle. 
Poinsettia - A metallic burgundy shade. 


♡ With this palette I was able to make a cute, simple rosy look by blending out Festive on my crease, then placing Dazzling on the base of my lid, then applied Poinsettia on the outer corner of my lid for dimension, and then finishing off with Peppermint in my inner corner. Festive was easy to blend out and I was able to apply the foil/metallics with my finger and I even wet a brush to make Poinsettia pop out a little more to my liking. 





♡ And last but not least here is the cute Holly Daze eyeshadow palette! This palette comes two matte shades and two metallic shades. 


Wreath - A matte mint shade with sparkle. 
Jolly - A shifty metallic green shade. 
Prancer - A matte peachy nude shade. 
Mistletoe - A metallic green/brown duo-chrome shade.


♡ I love this combination of colors in the this little palette! Wreath and Prancer were easy to work with and blend out but I feel like Prancer is more of a satin shade than a matte shade. Jolly is definitely a topper shade or inner corner highlight shade since it was light and a little sheer. Mistletoe is a pretty duo-chrome shade that was easy to blend out with my finger but I wish it could've been more of a metallic green shade then a duo-chrome shade. 


Overall, I'm pretty happy with these paletes! I feel like the only palette that didn't excite me as much was the Winter Lights palette. The packaging is super cute and festive but I the shades just didn't impress me that much. The Venus XS quad palettes are definitely fun and easy to work with and definitely recommend them, especially if you're looking for small palette that has the preferred shades you want or treat yourself to all three! 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review and found this review helpful!
Don't be afraid to reach out to me to  ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment