Tuesday, February 4, 2020

January 2020 ipsy Glam Bag Ultimate Review ♡


Hello makeup lovers! I'm sorry to be so late with posting my monthly reviews. I have been have a hard time mentally while dealing with personal and family issues but I'm trying my best to get back on track while remembering that blogging is something that I love and helps me feel better. For only $50/monthly you can receive up to 8 full sized products and 4 deluxe sized products in your monthly box! I chose the Glam Bag Ultimate option only because I want more products each month to review for you guys but if you're not signed up with ipsy and is interested you can always be on their normal Glam Bag option which is $12 or Glam Bag Plus for $25/monthly! This month's theme is Clean Slate.


This Month I Received:




First off is a product that I did not expect to get in my monthly box but I am so thankful for it! This spray is meant to calm your mind and stress so you can get a rested night sleep which I definitely need since I suffer from anxiety and I can shut off my brain at night. This spray smells like lavender comes with a of blend chamomile and vetiver to help soothe nerves and quiet your mind, so you can fall asleep faster. All I do is just spray two spritzes on my pillow and a few minutes after resting my head and closing my eyes I am out for the rest of the night!  




♡ To be honest, I haven't had a chance to try these toning pads to the face masks this month due to me being busy and forgetting. I want to save these toner pads for when my skin really needs it. These toner pads gently exfoliate and leave your skin soft and clear in just one quick step. The tea tree extract is perfect for oily skin types like myself and the non-drying formula contains moisturizing rice bran, so your skin feels extra clean but never tight or itchy.


 I got two face masks which I'll either save for a long day or maybe give to my friends and let them try  these out! These citrus infused set of face masks is supposed to brighten, protect, and nourish the skin  with their healthy ingredients. The grape mask provides long-lasting moisture, while the lychee mask soothes and calms sensitive skin while the coconut mask replenishes your skin just as well as your body. Both sheet masks are made with Hawaiian coconut water .





♡ This palette is so cute I just can't get over it! This multi-tasking palette comes with two matte eyeshadows, four shimmery metallic eyeshadows, and one blush, bronzer and highlighter! I also love that its small enough to take on the go and create multiple different looks.


Naughty Or Gneiss - A skin tone light beige shade. 
Lead Astray - A mid pink shimmery shade.
Take It For Granite - A shimmery, metallic silver shade. 
Copper Attitude - A shimmery coppery rose gold shade. 
Nice Ash - A shimmery deep plum shade. 
All Ore Nothing - A matte ash brown shade.
Iron More Than You - A warm brown matte bronzer. 
Of Quartz You Did - A mauve pink blush in a satin finish. 
Basalt And Pepper - A frosty white highlight with a pink sheen.


♡ Here is the swatches! I really adored the shimmery metallic shades since they were easy to apply, but I feel like All Ore Nothing matte formula was just a bit too dry and I had to use a light touch to get to blend out properly. I also used Iron More Than You as a transition shade to help blend out All Ore Nothing more and add warmth to my look. Of Quartz You Did adds the perfect touch of berry pink to your cheeks and then Basalt And Pepper finishes the look off with a pop of white highlight and pink sparkle mixed in. I just love how everything you need for on the go is in this small, cute palette! 




♡ This brush is so aesthetically pleasing with its cute marble look! This angled and rounded brush is perfect for applying bronzer and blush! I used this F.A.R.A.H brush to apply the blush from my Alternative Rock palette and it applied the blush lightly on the cheeks. I also love soft the synthetic bristles are.





♡ I'm not one to have dry skin so I decided to give this moisturizer from Ahava to my boyfriend to try since he has normal to dry skin. He's been placing this moisturizer on his face every night before bed on the dry areas of his face and he's noticed that it does leave his face feeling a bit more hydrated and less dry, even slightly getting rid of the dry skin spots on his face. 


♡ I love trying peel off masks so I was excited to give this honey and copper peel off mask a try from Hey Honey Skin Care! This mask has Propolis, a resinous mixture made from honeybees, which helps fight acne, encourage cell growth, decongest pores, and heal damage. This mask also has Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) which exfoliate skin and get rid of dirt, oils, and impurities. After using this mask I did notice my skin looking more bright and clear in the areas I applied it. My only complaint that I have about this mask is that it was difficult for me to peel off and when I did it left my skin a little red and irritated around the areas that it was really stuck to. 




♡ This super food serum from Sweet Chef Skincare is supposed to give your skin its daily dose of strengthening nutrients and omegas with its all-natural beets and seaberry fruit extracts and the Antioxidant-rich vitamin A smooths skin texture and minimizes the look of pores for a more youthful-looking complexion. I've only used this product once and I stopped using it when I noticed that my skin was trying to break out and after a day without using it my skin was back to normal. I might give this product another try in the future. 

 



♡ I don't have much to say about this nail polish since I haven't tried it yet since I just don't take the time to paint my nails nowadays. I love the color but I'm getting to the point where I hope I stop receiving nail polishes from ipsy. 





I am very familiar with the Tarte Cosmetics quick dry matte lip paint. The matte lip paints have been a favorite of mine especially because of how fast they dry down. The only complaint that I had about this lip paint was that it did not last the whole night I wore it and I didn't even eat anything and drank out of straws to keep it from transferring but that didn't help much. 



There was skipping when swatched and applied on the lips but nothing that one more application cant fix! 




♡ This is the perfect on the go highlight! This highlight from Flesh is beautiful sheer dark bronze that has a luminous finish and the creamy formula easily applies over bare skin or foundation. I love the gold natural glow it adds to my skin!







♡ This is probably the most pigmented and easy to work with glitter eyeliner I've ever worked with. This eyeliner is jet black with silver glitter with a creamy gel formula that glides on with no issues and is waterproof! So happy to add more drama to looks with this pigmented glitter eyeliner!



 

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my first Glam Bag Ultimate of the month! I'm pretty pleased with everything I got try this month besides the Beet serum shot which I'm still not sure if it caused a reaction on my skin but I think I might try it one more time. I'm trying really hard to play catch up before I get my February makeup subscriptions, its been a hard month for me but I'm slowly getting back to normal. I'm determined for February to be nothing but positive thoughts and vibes!



Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this review! On the side of my blog you can also check out my subscription referral links! Don't be afraid to reach out to me to ask me questions or leave comments 

♡ Instagram ♡ Facebook ♡ Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment